
Recently Joaquin woke up ready to work! I barely got some breakfast into him and his pjs off before he got down to business. Obviously clothes were out of the question - they only slow you down anyway. He cut wood, made pocket holes, and hammered like a madman. I think my favorite part was this concen

tration face. You'd make that face too if you were cutting a two-by-four with a chainsaw. :) Scarily enough that his current favorite saw choice. He could never give me a straight answer on what he was making; too absorbed in the specific tasks. He worked for quite a while and Mommy had a good time taking pictures. I think he wakes up in the morning, and before he calls out to let me know he's awake he plans his playtime. He frequently jumps out of bed with a
yen to play with some specific toy, and we have to at least touch it before we can eat breakfast or do anything else. I have this vision (in my imagination) of him sitting there, pointing at one toy after another, shaking his head as he decides against one. Finally he is struck by a brilliant plan for his __________ toy. That is it, the toy he must, simply must, play with today! At least that's what I'm extrapolating based on his actions. Never really asked him about it, which is pretty silly. We'll see what he says.

One final little bed story. Last night Joaquin woke up and got out of bed, walked to his door, opened it and stood there calling "Mommy". I woke up (Very disoriented since this never happens anymore) and went to go see what the problem was. "There's a spider in my bed" he tells me. First of all I'm a little sad that I appear to be passing on my spider phobia. (Probably b/c I shriek like a banshee when I see one and Joaquin has seen this reaction multiple times) Second, I was concerned that there really was a spider, but confused as to how he had noticed it. I was relieved to hear that he had 'seen' it, an impossibility since his room was way too dark. So I searched for the imaginary spider for awhile and after he was reassured he went back to bed willingly and was asleep almost as I walked out the door. Monsters under the bed here we come!
2 comments:
Isn't his bed on the floor? No room for monsters (or other creatures)!
I try to explain that the bug/lizard noise that comes out of me is completely involuntary. Bugs/lizards aren't bad, they just give mommy the heebeejeebees(sp?). Then we do a little head/body/arm wiggle and say heebeejeebees (because it's a funny word). For the most part I've gotten him to laugh and say it as I'm chasing some awful little creature with by various bug/lizard capturing/killing devices.
Good night - that was a lot of E's and /'s. :-)
Isn't his bed flat on the floor? Maybe this is the version of monsters under the bed for kids who don't have an under the bed.
Post a Comment