Preschool is fun. We had Rodeo Day recently. Not being a cowboy family per se, we didn't have any cowboy gear. So Joaquin and I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get a bandana. I had a hard time steering him to the traditional paisley print after he saw one with puppies, but I convinced him this was much more cowboy. Since denim is also much more cowboy we went with jean shorts (still too hot for Joaquin to contemplate jeans, especially since their recess area is sunny!) I was pretty impressed with us until I saw the serious cowboy outfits some kids were sporting. Fortunately Joaquin's enthusiasm wasn't dampened and he was honestly probably happier without having to deal with a hat all day. By all accounts they had a great time, a real cowboy came and talked to them about cowboy gear. Joaquin was very descriptive about the spurs. (He kept calling them gears.) Then they made hobby horses and raced them. This is a picture of Joaquin's, his name is Caleb air Joshua. Caleb and Joshua being the names of some friends of Joaquin, air being, and I quote, a funny middle name. I have trouble not saying Caleb air Jordan due to my age, but I was very amused. Then they had a cowboy lunch (mostly hot dogs and cheese and etc.) about which Joaquin told me it was very good although he only ate shredded cheese. Yee-haw!
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment