Sunday, May 8, 2011

Conceda Ceremonia de Cachorros, 2010

My little Cubbie finished his first book. One year of Cubbies down, one to go. And honestly he really did a great job of remembering verses. In fact he would get confused when I asked him to finish a verse I started because so many of them started the same way and he remembered them all. The Cubbies were all very cute, they're a huge club this year because Joaquin's year at church is the year of 10 babies and they're all involved. Honestly I think the Cubbie workers go home exhausted! They started the award ceremony with the little guys (always a good choice) and then had the Cubbies sing their theme song. They didn't warn them ahead of time that they'd be singing which sounds like a bad idea, but I think was a good one. Joaquin for one can totally psych himself out of things very easily. He was actually quite cute and one of the few Cubbies that did some of the motions. Here he is accepting his certificate for finishing his book and saying his review verses. They also got a little bag with some goodies (a little plastic airplane to put together and Cubbie Bear finger puppet) and a balloon. These helped us get through some of the rest of the ceremony, there were lots of older kids getting awards. Here's Aunty Boo-boo getting a kiss while trying to entertain (and keep quiet) Joaquin. When he couldn't sit still any longer and Jamie started getting tired, we went out into the courtyard to run some wiggles out and let Grandpa take pictures of Joaquin in his uniform. A balloon and a large space to run in are Joaquin's idea of super fun so cute posed pictures were out of the

question. My dad and I contented ourselves with candids of Joaquin's crazy antics. Of course once he noticed he was being photographed he wanted to stop an see the pictures. He won't pose for a photo, but he's attached to his image nonetheless. Sadly Joaquin's balloon flew up into the tree outside the garage on our way into the house and popped. Joaquin was very disappointed but was a big boy about it, telling me that he was sad but it was okay. He even reminded me of the time in Florida when his balloon flew away. (Can't believe he remembers that) He kept asking me, "Why did I let go?" Don't know kid, don't know. I can't believe he's so grown-up.






No comments: