Monday, December 20, 2010

Cuatro Años para Joaquin!, Feliz Cumpleaños

So, taking a break from Christmas, let's talk about Joaquin's birthday! Yeah! Joaquin is now officially four, sigh for Mommy. Actually, while I miss my little baby sometimes, I'm pretty excited about four. He's really managed to grow-up some. And the fits are much, much less frequent, which is lovely. So I'm anxious to see how he changes this year. Anyway onwards to the party. We had a 'storytime' theme with everyone coming to our house. We still had most parents, but we also had a few kids all by theirselves. Which was kind of hectic, but also fun. We read several of Joaquin's favorite stories ('The Very Hungry Caterpillar', 'Curious George & the Dump Truck', 'Gingerbread Baby', and 'SkippyJon Jones') and sang songs and played games. The kids were great. They listened so well, Daniel's crazy rendition of SkippyJon Jones had them almost in hysterics. They were also very cooperative for the pinata. And man can some of them hit hard. One of Joaquin's little friends (not pictured) has an exquisite batting form, I swear she's a future little Babe Ruth. I tried to make every activity match the stories; for 'Gingerbread Baby' I had little gingerbread men cookies hidden around the room and the children 'chased' them. So of course we had to have a piata for 'SkippyJon Jones' and it had to have jelly beans for filling!
After Daniel broke the pinata and the kids grabbed their share we had cake and ice cream. We made a very hungry caterpillar cake which didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, but was still charming enough for the kids to eat!!! Joaquin got some fabulous presents, but this was his favorite, a set of gears from Uncle Jeff and Aunt Alicia. Isn't it fabulous?

No comments: