
Now that we've had about a week of swimming lessons, I figure it's time I started blogging about them! By some lucky quirk of planning Kara and Allie are available to do swimming lessons with us! Yeah! We've had a ton of fun with them and a ton of fun doing a variety of playing before and after the lessons. Admittedly I've been less impressed with the quality of instruction this year as compared to last year. While the pool is (albeit only minimally) warmer than last year's ice bath, we are pretty much left to our own devices as far as instructions go.
Admittedly toddlers don't follow instructions well, but if I thought I was completely capable of teaching my son to swim I would be doing it on my own. Fortunately the swimming lessons cost so little that they are cheaper than actually paying to play in the pool for that amount of time and we do get a whole area to ourselves without big kids splashing so that's a serious plus. We also get to haul both sets of grandparents and daddies along and even adopted grandparents Joe and Karen Morgan. What are swimming lessons for if not to take pictures? Pictures of me in a bathing suit with awful hair that I currently
detest but will no doubt look back on when 60 and think how skinny I was. It's also been fun because Allie gets restless being held for that long and likes to switch Mommies. Yeah! I love that she likes me enough for this to be a treat. I have a great time with her, not solely because she's Kara's kidlet. She's currently the outlet for my little girl longings. Here's a few pictures of her and Joaquin at the park after swimming lessons. This is Allie's swimsuit cover-up which is slightly too big, but makes her look absolutely angelic. We've got one more week and apparently this week we get to play in the kiddie pool! So hopefully we'll have more cute pictures of our two intrepid adventurers.

Admittedly toddlers don't follow instructions well, but if I thought I was completely capable of teaching my son to swim I would be doing it on my own. Fortunately the swimming lessons cost so little that they are cheaper than actually paying to play in the pool for that amount of time and we do get a whole area to ourselves without big kids splashing so that's a serious plus. We also get to haul both sets of grandparents and daddies along and even adopted grandparents Joe and Karen Morgan. What are swimming lessons for if not to take pictures? Pictures of me in a bathing suit with awful hair that I currently
detest but will no doubt look back on when 60 and think how skinny I was. It's also been fun because Allie gets restless being held for that long and likes to switch Mommies. Yeah! I love that she likes me enough for this to be a treat. I have a great time with her, not solely because she's Kara's kidlet. She's currently the outlet for my little girl longings. Here's a few pictures of her and Joaquin at the park after swimming lessons. This is Allie's swimsuit cover-up which is slightly too big, but makes her look absolutely angelic. We've got one more week and apparently this week we get to play in the kiddie pool! So hopefully we'll have more cute pictures of our two intrepid adventurers.

No comments:
Post a Comment