Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

 The day of Halloween, Joaquin's school decided to have "Day of Disguise".  This meant the kids got to wear a 'disguise' of their favorite book character.  Of course this meant we had to come up with two costumes for Halloween since Joaquin wanted to be an Angry Bird.  We decided on King Edmund for our costume, but we needed a cloak.  So we went to Walmart to look at their costumes.  However their selection the day before Halloween is limited.  I purchased a girls' Cleopatra costume hoping the cloak would work.  It was declared too girly by Daddy and Uncle Matty, but the 'jewelled' collar and arm bands made a fabulous ice-skater outfit for Eliana.  We did manage to adapt the crown for Joaquin's usage though.  Daniel and I fashioned a cloak out of left over material, rivets and a old drawstring and I think it turned out pretty good.  He was even still wearing his cloak when I picked him up from school so he must have enjoyed it.  Halloween night, Joaquin slipped into his Angry Birds Ice Bird costume and Eliana wore her bumblebee costume (a present from Mi-mo).  She looked super sweet and Joaquin looked like the Ice bird (I would say cute as well, but you couldn't see his face!)  Daddy outdid himself this year on the costume, it totally looked like the actual bird.  You can see the rather pathetic antenna I made for Eliana in the first pictures, but she tore it off on the way to Grandma's house, so the last pictures are what she looked like most of the night.  It was fun to show off our costumes to the grandparents and to Great-grandma plus Great-aunt and uncle Milton and Darlene. (They were staying here on their way to Phoenix) With so many admirers it makes dressing up extra-fun.  Eliana was very interested in Great-grandma's walker.  To the point that she tried to pull herself up on it, which I felt like would have been a cute visual pun.  Trying to walk while holding onto a walker.... But unfortunately by the time I grabbed the camera she was just sitting near it.  After showing off to family and friends, we went back to our house where Eliana and I passed out candy while Daddy and Joaquin collected some.  When they came back, Eliana had a great time playing with all those pretty candies.  I let her thinking she didn't know what they were.  I forgot that she had a Dum-dum at the pediatricians office after her flu shot.  She recognized them right away and stuck one in her mouth, wrapper and all.  I was going to be a tough mommy, but I was so impressed that she remembered them (plus she bonked her head on the floor nastily and needed comfort) that I let her eat one.  It was so cute that I took pictures and it was especially cute when she fed her lollipop to Chita.  Of course it was also unsanitary so I stopped that and took the lollipop away.  Right after I took a picture.











No comments: