Saturday, October 15, 2011

La Piña Que No Era Ratón

I unfortunately don't have a picture for this particular post.  But this story is too good to be forgotten for lack of photographic evidence.  So it starts with a thunderstorm early last Wednesday morning.  Joaquin was woken up and he came into our room complaining of a bright light.  I told him it was lightning and we snuggled until the brief storm ended and Joaquin waltzed happily back to his room all by himself.  Congratulating myself on a good mommy moment where everyone was happy and I didn't have to get up, I rolled over and went back to sleep.  A few moments later I hear, "Mommy, mommy!"  Daniel nicely got up and went to shush Joaquin before he woke Jamie.  I relax and then I hear, "Bethany, Bethany".  So I get up and walk to Joaquin's room.  Joaquin is huddled on his bed and Daniel is leaning over something on the floor.  "Get a cup" he says, so I get my glass cup from my nightstand.  No he needs a plastic cup.  Finally I bring a cup he's satisfied with and he slams it over a dark shape on the floor.  Then he asks for his glasses (the order of this is important).  We close the door and turn on the light.  Apparently when Daniel came in Joaquin had seen something moving and they thought it was a mouse.  Joaquin was even standing on his bed pointing in a classic avoid the mouse pose.  So we flipped the cup over and discover a....... pinecone.

1 comment:

SS Counts said...

I love love love this story! So cute! Also, had not given my HEARTY congrats on your upcoming little girl! We are very excited for you! SScounts