Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Primavera

Finally, the long awaited pictures of Joaquin in his Easter outfit. Oddly enough, after Easter the weather got cold, so it was actually hard to find time to photograph. But eventually we found time, and there were flowers blooming in my mother's garden so we took pictures. Joaquin was actually very cooperative and helpful, which was nice b/c Jamie was crabby. Joaquin always makes her happier, and the pictures of them together are super adorable (sorry, can't post them). He even posed smelling the flowers, although I didn't keep those pictures since they're mostly just his butt in the air. I must say, he looked absolutely adorable both on actual Easter and during the photo session. I love his shirt and his little white linen pants. Seems wildly impractical, white pants on a four year old, but surprisingly they are still unstained. This final picture is a representation of what my life consists of lately. Joaquin is very into 'mixtures'. He always asks to mix things, at home, at restaurants, at other people's houses, etc. Fortunately, I keep a lot of old glass jars around, so there's plenty of vehicles for his mess. He has learned that salt and sugar dissolve in water, while pepper and flour do not. Did you know that? Well my budding chemist has branched out to more elaborate mixtures and considers it a bonus if they are 'icky', especially if they smell icky. Sigh, I hope this stage goes quickly.

No comments: