Friday, April 1, 2011

Cumpleaños y cumpleaños y cumpleaños......


Ahhhh, March 26th, the day of two birthday parties. The first was Jane's in the morning at Explora. Isn't that a great place for a party? Except I'm getting a little tired of all these over-achieving moms out there. I'm sorry Joaquin, I'm just never going to be the type of mom that spends $400 on your birthday, before presents! However, were I to be that ype of mom, Explora is definitely what I would pick. I didn't get to go because of our new little foster baby, let's call her Jamie, but Daniel and Joaquin had a whale of time. You can see Joaquin sporting his face painting and playing with his party favor Floam. (Anyone remember that stuff?) Besides making 'goo' with Borax and a few other random ingredients, they got lunch and a chance to roam. Joaquin got to feed a bearded dragon! He was very excited to tell me all about his prickly beard and how it filled out when he got home. I did manage to make it to the second birthday party, a home party with a pinata. They took the pinata outside because of mass chaos, so I missed Joaquin's turn at bat. When I asked him about it later he told me sadly that he hadn't won. Meaning that he hadn't broken it. I kind of feel that since candy comes out when someone breaks it everyone around is a winner but hey. I explained to him that because he's still little he always gets one of the first turns so the pinata is still pretty strong. When he's bigger he'll hit later and the pinata will already be weakened. He thought that made sense and was comforted.

No comments: