
Last week was Spring Break. Woo-hoo, I guess. When he's only at school two days a week for four hours, Spring Break just seems more like a week where Mommy has to be extra entertaining. At least the weather cooperated, it was absolutely gorgeous, as Joaquin himself informed me. So we did a few warm weather things to welcome early Spring. First we met Daddy for lunch on the base. Yeah! The base has a McDonald's and a fabulous

covered playground. Honestly if it weren't 30 minutes away we'd spend more lunches with Daddy. It's definitely a treat for the entire family. We (being Joaquin and I) got there early and while we were waiting for Daniel, Joaquin had fun playing with nature. Per usual, he picked up some sticks, but he also had a whale of a time trying to burst those round seed pod balls that drop from sycamore trees. I

know they come from sycamore trees because that's what Joaquin told me. I was impressed and not sure if that was true, but he's right. No clue how he knew, Daniel thought I'd told him, which is a reasonable assumption seeing as I was a biology teacher. However, I'm not good with trees so it must have been somebody

else. Go Joaquin and his acquisition of natural knowledge. Turns out sycamore balls are hard to burst, even with sticks. You have to stomp on them :) These last pictures are of Joaquin at the playground with Daddy. Nobody is more fun than Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment